All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are automatically eligible for Universal Free School Meals.
Some children may be entitled to Pupil Premium Funding.
Pupil Premium Funding is government funding given to your child’s school to spend on resources to improve educational outcomes for pupils in schools in England. If you qualify for Pupil Premium, your child will also receive free school meals when they are in KS2.
We ask parents and guardians whose income would entitle them to Pupil Premium funding to contact Cheshire West and Cheshire to make an application so we can give extra support to the children in our school.
Your child may be entitled to receive Pupil Premium Free School Meals if you are entitled to receive one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190.
- Universal Credit (Provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400)
If you think you may be entitled to Pupil Premium, please contact Cheshire West and Cheshire on 0300 123 7039 to make your application over the telephone or alternatively apply online by using the link below.
If you have any questions or need further guidance, please email the school office firstname.lastname@example.org
The document below shows how Pupil Premium money is spent at Tushingham to improve standards and attitudes and the impact this has.